[HECnet] Stupid question about areas...

Mark Darvill mark.darvill at mac.com
Thu Oct 10 09:44:46 PDT 2013

As long as it is a layer two bridge with no layer 3 (router) capabilities for decnet then the should be no issue.

Area routers exist to connect machines in different decnet areas (level 2 inter area) but you also have Level 1 intra area routers for connecting nodes in the same area together across wide area links or multiple local area networks.

Bridging would be easiest and would allow LAT traffic to pass as well.

Mark