[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 8 16:35:44 PDT 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 08/10/2013 16:27, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:
On 08/10/2013 16:17, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 10/08/2013 11:10 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Last night I was basking in the glow of an orange VT320 as I used that
and a DECserver to get around HECNET.
AFAIR Johnny's bridge is capable of forwarding LAT so I can see a load
of services on the DECSERVER if I type SHOW SERVICE.
Orange VT320?   Mine is green.   Neat!
    Amber.   Green VT320s are fairly uncommon.   They were also available
with white phosphor.

                            -Dave
I have an amber and a green one, but the green one has developed an NVRAM fault which means it must be configured each time on startup. It's also got a little bit of the shakes...
I just need to adjust the height and width on my VT320.   Otherwise it seems fine aside from needing to constantly be on max brightness.   That's not exactly a surprise though.   It's kept in a room that's easily darkened so that's no problem at all.
Ah, I meant to say, make sure when you adjust the picture you leave at least a 1" gap top and bottom - I have adjusted several VT510/520s and to start with I was filling the glass top to bottom. It doesn't look right...

I can imagine that certainly wouldn't look right. ;)

Tonight I bring the 21" monitor in from the garage, where it has sat for a couple of years, and see if it still works. Of course I'll be leaving it overnight before switching it on.
Regards, Mark.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff