[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 8 16:31:33 PDT 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 08/10/2013 16:25, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 10/08/2013 11:10 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Last night I was basking in the glow of an orange VT320 as I used that
and a DECserver to get around HECNET.
AFAIR Johnny's bridge is capable of forwarding LAT so I can see a load
of services on the DECSERVER if I type SHOW SERVICE.
Orange VT320?   Mine is green.   Neat!

Amber.   Green VT320s are fairly uncommon.   They were also available
with white phosphor.
Ahhh.   Being colourblind causes some problems sometimes but I generally work around it.
White phospor would be interesting for sure.   I wonder what the persistence is like.   I love the persistence on my VT320.

                        -Dave
I have a VT420 sat next to the VT320 at the moment, and the difference in character resolution is really noticeable. I like the VT320 primarily because it is the last physical terminal that VAX APL supports.

It is indeed quite noticeable.   I have my VT420 on my desk which I use for email and occasionally moving around to systems where I need access their serial consoles.   I need more terminal servers. ;)

The VT320 is kept in my bedroom.   I love the little guy. ;)

Regards, Mark

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff