[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 8 16:29:08 PDT 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Sampsa Laine wrote:

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 8 Oct 2013, at 17:17, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Sampsa Laine wrote:

So if I install this thing (it'll cost me about 15 euros a month) how much use do you think I'll get (i.e. how many inbound calls).

Very little as I don't have international dialing enabled...anywhere :(

It would still be pretty cool, 15 euros is not the end of the world really, and some people on the list were like "I'm calling it tonight" - of course the system isn't built yet..

The system could also serve as a convenient launch pad at various vintage computer events.

sampsa

I suppose if I do some hackery with iaxmodem, reconfigure my PBX, and do crazy crap there at low baud rates I could handle it.   I hope you can automatically bring a line up at 1200 baud. ;)

I need more raspberry pis to use as iaxmodems.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff