[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Oct 8 14:22:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-08 15:17, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Yeah, I'd hook up a terminal first, set ATS0=1 (autoanswer) and then store the defaults in the modem's NVRAM. That way the modem just raises the DCD line when a connection has been made.

As far as I know VMS doesn't really speak Hayes AT.

Uh... Why would it? There is no difference between a modem and a terminal here. They both come in to the machine over a serial line, and then VMS expects you to log in.

Yes, the modem should be set up correctly, and then it's just a piece of equipment in the communication path, which is totally transparent.

The wiggling of the DCD is how a modem (or terminal) tell the computer that it is connected.

Would you expect VMS to spew out hayes commands when you connect a terminal?

	Johnny

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932