[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Oct 8 03:46:33 PDT 2013

On 8 Oct 2013, at 04:44, Daniel Soderstrom <snaggs at mac.com> wrote:

Oh.. I thought that somehow LAT was routable over DECnet. I thought I remember in the old days some remote sites just had a terminal server and a couple of terminals. Many beers ago.

Maybe because BQT's bridge does LAT in addition to DECNET frames..

So, I could go from the DECserver to my local vax, and then bounce out?

Daniel.

Yeah, that's the way to go. I'm tempted to buy an ancient Nokia GSM phone, get a data number for it and a serial adapter, and plug it into my DS300..9600 bps dial up access, woo hoo!