[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Daniel Soderstrom snaggs at mac.com
Tue Oct 8 03:44:04 PDT 2013

Oh.. I thought that somehow LAT was routable over DECnet. I thought I remember in the old days some remote sites just had a terminal server and a couple of terminals. Many beers ago.

So, I could go from the DECserver to my local vax, and then bounce out?

Daniel.

On 08/10/2013, at 10:27 AM, Tim Sneddon <tim at sneddon.id.au> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
On 8 Oct 2013, at 04:19, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Daniel Soderstrom wrote:
>
>> SET HOST EISNER straight from a DECServer will be nice.
>>

> A DECserver speaking DECnet?   That'd be awesome to have.   Mine (albeit awesome, and one of my favourite things) only speaks LAT. ;)

My DS300 does inbound Telnet as well as inbound/outbound LAT and serial :)

No DECNET as far as I know.

I don't recall a DECserver that talks DECnet.   It is the wrong protocol for that type of communication.   DECservers originally only spoke LAT, which was developed specifically for local area communications (which it does very well).

Regards, Tim.