[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Oct 7 01:24:37 PDT 2013

Daniel Soderstrom <snaggs at mac.com> writes:

I don't know where modern iterations of VMS were developed. Considering =
what HP did with their calculator division, I was suspicious they'd =
"partnered" or "right sized" development to   bombay.

Until roughly 2011, VMS was developed in the MRO and ZKO facilites of the
old DEC empire.   It was transitions to the India group in that time.   V8.4
was the first release that was, more or less, handled outside traditional
DEC.

Anyone benchmarked versions of VMS? I thought that pre-64 bit might run =
better on an old VAX.

Doubtful.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG