[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Oct 3 15:20:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 03/10/2013 03:01, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

Sweet! :-)
I'm thinking I'll stick with VMS 6.2.   With patches.
I like trying appropriate vintage VMS for the machines. It's weird how the subtle differences creep in.
It's obvious at 6.1 how much TCP/IP, for example, is a 'bolt on'. Not required for the OS. DECnet and underlying clustering protocols working just fine on their own. Happy days.

I like appropriate vintage OSes for systems, too.   6.2 also seems a bit lighter.

It's also an excuse to break out the SPL and install some of the wonderful old tools and apps.

Yup. ;)

Regards, Mark.

--
Cory Smelosky