[HECnet] Help setting up UCX on Vax VMS 6.2

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sat Oct 5 12:35:44 PDT 2013

Daniel Soderstrom <snaggs at mac.com> writes:

I've been going round in circles trying to get UCX up and running. I have th=
e AUI transceiver plugged into the back and it has a green light.

It's VMS 6.2. It has been configured at some point as it had some old gatewa=
y and BIND entries.

I run the config tool, and when I select 4 (interface) it says=20

"Warning - No Ethernet device found on system, ESP1"

and then aborts. When I show dev on console it shows a device EZA0: which a M=
AC address.

I've spent hours on this and are feeling discouraged!

HELP DEFINE COMMUNICATION_CONTROLLER ;)

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG