[HECnet] EISNER::and HECnet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 3 00:32:15 PDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 07:14 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Good to hear that! Something I've been considering for a while is that
if they were to join, should we invite their whole userbase to the
HECnet mailing list or possibly just the EISNER adminds?

Uh? God no! I think anyone who are interested should subscribe themself
anyway, and let the rest be.

    Johnny does NOT like email traffic. ;)

I like to keep HECnet somewhat low volume, on topic, technical, yadda
yadda. I don't want it to be a general forum for people to vent their
hot air.
If the list grows larger, I will have to start policing more.

  Can't blame you there.   It's just human nature, though, for a group
with such "vertical" common interests and yet varied backgrounds to
become very social and friendly.   It would've been great if those types
of threads had migrated to the dectec list, but that didn't happen...not
sure why.