[HECnet] Slightly OT: DECTape support in SIMH VMS?

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sun Sep 29 15:56:56 PDT 2013

AFAIK the only common thing was that both the TU56 and TU58 were block addressable tapes. Our PDP 11/40 ran RT-11 V 4. From an RK05 unless we expected visitors, then it ran V2 from DECtape  I. Spinning reels always impressed them.
DECtape II has never impressed anyone at all, beyond the speed it could let   seasoned system managers fall asleep...