[HECnet] Slightly OT: DECTape support in SIMH VMS?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sun Sep 29 14:44:53 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-29 14:48, Sampsa Laine
VMS have never supported DECtape, as far as I know...

sounds reasonable as I have  forgotten but I thought vms may have supported the funky cartridge  tape unit on the 750 console.   I just remember it was a PITA to  work with.   I also  remember  b*tching about how brain dead it was in the  lunchroom one day  only to have the guy that  wrote much if  it sitting behind me - as Garrison Keiler says:   "today's embarrassing moment is tomorrow's funny story. "

That said, I agree as  my memory was that  9-track was the traditional sneaker-net medium.

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual