[HECnet] VT-62?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Sep 28 09:34:20 PDT 2013

VT240, VT330, VT340.   All are glorious, and all are here.

Glad to hear. I bought a mint VT340 last week after watching it for months on ebay. Maybe I overpaid for it? ($200), but Im in Australia and they just dont seem to turn up that often.

I have an VT420 courtesy of Saku Setala but unfortunately the screen barely works so I've decided to try something else on my client box (OS X):

1. Terminal.app emulates the display side of VT220 etc very well
2. The problem is sending keys like the keypad and PF1-4, DO, HELP etc
3. However, Terminal.app lets you map any key to any escape sequence you want
4. So I'll purchase a full size Mac USB keyboard, print some labels (PF1, DO, etc) create a Terminal.app profile that sends the relevant control/escape characters on the newly labelled buttons and I should be pretty close to having something resembling a terminal with an LK keyboard.

The beauty of this is that it's light and will work with my laptops without a problem.

If I get this working I'll post the key mappings for Terminal.app on my website for any other OS X users here.

sampsa