[HECnet] VT-62?

Lee Gleason lee.gleason at comcast.net
Sat Sep 28 02:31:42 PDT 2013

Back in the day, in a galaxy far far away, I was system manager of a site that used TMS-11, a DEC product for newspaper/graphics arts production.

Among a lot of other DEC gear most people have never heard of, we used VT/61 and VT/62 terminals.

They indeed were block mode terminals, but could be used in VT52 mode by setting a switch on the motherboard. That made them work like a normal serial terminal.

Sorry, I got rid of my hardware manuals for these a long time ago.

I do recall that they were very   popular at newspaper sites, since the area on them on the right side reserved for the wave graphics option was large enough and easily accessible enough to hold a fifth of whiskey, which was an important feature at a lot of newspaper sites.

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Armstrong