[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Sep 30 12:34:04 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-30 12:38, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 30 Sep 2013, at 11:32, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:
There isn't actually a license for ALL-IN-1 in the hobbyist packs. What you're seeing is license for clients rather than the application itself.

Oh bummer, I'd love an office suite on my VAXcluster :)

As for the mail integration, I could live with just Mail-11, CHIMPY is an SMTP gateway anyhow..

I have this mad idea about doing this in RSX as well, eventually... :-)

Oh yeah, in case people didn't know, CHIMPY:: will gate mail between HECnet and SMTP.

To send mail out, address it to CHIMPY::"foo at example.com"

Your incoming address will be "hostname::user"@chimpymail.com - some email clients don't like the double quotes though, but I think this will keep inbound spam near 0. The gate has been running for years and I've not seen anything :)

There is atleast two such gateways. This is a typical thing that should be documented somewhere. I guess I should do that...

The other one I know of is LEGATO::SMTP%"user at host" and from the outside user at hecnetnode.decnet.org, so you could reach me at billquist at mim.decnet.org if you want to...

Do we have any more such resources?