[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Mon Sep 30 12:05:11 PDT 2013

El 30/09/2013, a les 11:32, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> va escriure:

I have a soft spot for ALL-IN-1 as I got quite familiar with it when I was working for British Gas and for the most part it worked well. Didn't play nicely with any other software very well.

I have installed it on several VAXEN and it isn't too much of a PITA standalone. It is the integration with SMTP mail and other mail systems where I've always failed to get it working.

Was funny sending some emails to comp.os.vms with it however. Got everyone's backs up with the overly verbose headers - INTERNAL MEMORANDUM etc. Proper old school ;)

Yes, the funny part is the integration with VMS mail and SMTP. By the way, it is quite easier to do with Multinet (it includes an ALLIN1 gateway) than with UCX. BITXOW runs ALLIN1, but I would not really want to install (and configure) it again :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES