[HECnet] Connecting to HECnet from DEC Legacy 19-20 Oct

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Sep 29 22:12:47 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-29 23:06, Brian Hechinger wrote:
To work behind a NAT box you'll need to be able to pass SNMP and GRE
through to the DECbrouter. If you can do that you'll be golden.

GRE doesn't run over a port, it's a Layer 4 (transport) protocol.

Oooo, how I hate it when people try to make the IP stack line up with the OSI model... :-)
They are *incompatible*.

SNMP is 161.

That is port 161 in both UDP and TCP.

Sorry, I just felt like nitpicking today. Grumpy I guess. Call me an old fart. :-)

	Johnny

The email address is just where you want notification emails sent so
your normal email is probably appropriate.

The emails that are sent can also be copy and pasted into the router in
the event that SNMP doesn't work.

-brian

On Sep 29, 2013, at 4:00, "Robert Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com