[HECnet] Non ASCII fonts on VMS?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Sep 28 10:51:11 PDT 2013

Are you saying that Terminal.app (a program I avoid by the way, since the VT100 emulation is buggy) do not pass all values? How are you using it, by the way?
Selected some arabic language on your MAC, running the terminal, typing in there, and in the terminal you have telnetted to some VMS box.

Yes, essentially, Terminal.app will not accept Arabic letter input but displays Arabic text (incorrectly, without ligatures).

I've tried this both locally, over SSH and Telnet.

Again, I don't think this is a VMS issue.

As for why I like Terminal.app? I dunno, got used to it I guess in the last 8 years, not really come across too many bugs that bothered me..

I am playing around with iTerm as well at the moment though.

What do you use as a terminal client on OS X?