[HECnet] Hooking up TOPS-20 to HECnet?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Sep 23 19:50:53 PDT 2013

below

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM, John Wilson <wilson at dbit.com> wrote:
I'm 99.99% sure the BBN and MIT pagers are unrelated, even though they were both built for the KA10 and around the same time.
Makes sense, that syncs with my memory.   I don't remember much about the detail of either of them frankly.    That said, I might not state "unrelated" as much as different.    Everyone talked (argued) in those days and frankly LCS and BBN are not that far in distance from each other -- there was certainly a lot of flow of ideas if not bits.

  TOPS-20 and ITS paging are certainly different universes.
That I remembered.