[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Sep 26 14:48:45 PDT 2013

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 26 Sep 2013, at 15:46, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-09-26 14:16, Sampsa Laine wrote:

While I did have an account on Deathrow, I was not all that familiar with
the users thereof.

The encourage security research, it attracts a certain type of person that I don't want on my LAN (trust me, I used to be a penetration tester :) )

The problem is that if you want to be paranoid, then you should not be connected to HECnet at all.

I'm not THAT paranoid, I actually do give out accounts on CHIMPY (after vetting) and HILANT, but the Deathrow Cluster guys included some pretty dubious "security researchers" that I'd rather keep off my LAN.

I don't really care about the DECNET side of it, more the fact that they'd be inside my IP firewall - and putting my DECNET stuff in a separate VLAN is just way too much hassle.

sampsa