[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Sep 26 11:54:38 PDT 2013

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

=20
I'm not sure it would make a great addition or not. Not even sure what =
would constitute a great addition.
I'm mostly thinking that it's always nice to connect more systems =
together, and perhaps make some more people happy, and possibly provide =
some additional value to all involved.
=20

I think a few hundred DEC enthusiasts connected to HECnet via EISNER =
would be pretty cool. The more the merrier (as long as they're the right =
type of user, not necessarily the Deathrow Cluster crowd)..

While I did have an account on Deathrow, I was not all that familiar with
the users thereof.

EISNER (the DECUServe machine named after the late Dan Eisner) has many
users who have been long time DECUS members -- some more than 30 years
members.   The NOTES conferences there maintain a wealth of information
going back in excess of 25 years.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.vms/sAZtNgkHUKI

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG