[HECnet] Can't connect to MIM nodedb

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Sep 27 21:04:58 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-27 21:10, Lee Gleason wrote:

Running M+ on an 11/23 or 11/24 (the only systems without I/D space
that M+ supports) is perhaps not the most wonderful experience anyway.
Since you don't have split I/D-space on those systems, system pool
becomes really scarce. And that is not fun.

  I read in old issues of the MultiTasker that it didn't take much to
get M+ to run on an 18 bit address space non I&D system.

It is actually easy to do, and the code will recognize pretty much any CPU at boot time. But you need to poke into [200,200]SGNPREFIX.CMD, and enable it. Which implicitly means you'll have an unsupported system.

  They did mention that there wasn't a lot of pool left...

I can imagine, but I have never tested it.

  Haven't had occasion to try it yet.

An 11/44 is so much better.

  Without a doubt - the next best thing to an 11/70.

Yes. Nothing comes close to the satisfaction of an 11/70. :-)