[HECnet] Public access?

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Thu Sep 26 00:16:16 PDT 2013

Make a standalone system with either its own VLAN or an IP subnet that
has no route to anywhere.   If you choose the second path then, stop the
IP stack and start DECnet when you have to do maintenance, then revert
to normal operations when maintenance is done.   Not that difficult...

Also, limit the number of connections so as not to saturate your link
and limit the number of logins for any account you create.   The first
part could be a property of your router or the system.   The second part
is a property of the SYSUAF.DAT database managed by AUTHORIZE.EXE.

-Steve