[HECnet] Public access?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Sep 25 22:29:59 PDT 2013

On 25 Sep 2013, at 22:34, Steve Davidson <jeep at scshome.net> wrote:

If you are that worried about your security on a given system then make a standalone system available to the world and be done with it.   I am sure that I could come up with something if I could only find the time...   It really isn't that difficult.

-Steve

Not so worried about the system specifically but the other machines that are on the same network - you are letting people onto your LAN, effectively.

If I opened up a system for guest access (i.e. no registrations and manual verification of accounts), I'd probably put it on it's own VLAN, isolated from the rest of my stuff.

At the moment neither CHIMPY/GORVAX or HILANT are set up like this.

sampsa