[HECnet] Public access?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 24 17:56:54 PDT 2013

  I like this idea.   It would be fun to expose more people to DECnet in
a "not corporate" environment.

                  -Dave

On 09/24/2013 10:23 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Guys. Do anyone maintain a list of public machines that guests would be
welcome to log in to in a form presentable from the web? People in
comp.os.vms are asking about public VMS systems around, and it might be
an opportunity to make HECnet a little more publicly visible.

I know that I've kept HECnet at a very low profile for a long time, but
maybe a little exposure would be positive? Or people prefer us to remain
secret?

I do from time to time tell about MIM, but I'm not saying much about any
other system, or HECnet in general.