[HECnet] Inventory reduction sale at Bob's warehouse!

Wed Sep 18 15:29:48 PDT 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 5:29 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-09-18 02:07, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On Sep 17, 2013, at 7:28 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello!
Bob how big is the DELNI? And the DECserver-100? I am always
interested in new gear.

Those are both 19 inch rack devices, 2 or 3 U, forgot which.   Not very deep, less than 19 inches as I recall.

They can both be rack mounted, but the default for them is to be standalone. But the outer plastic shell can be removed, and brackets attached.

Yes, good point.   I should have said that the box is sized to be a natural fit for a 19 inch rack (the brackets are modest size, they don't have to fill a large opening).

They are both pretty light. Mostly air inside.

Indeed.   Each is just one modest circuit board and a small power supply.   The DECserver-100 prototypes actually used a far smaller box (about the size of an SB-11 box); the larger box came into existence, along with the MMJ connectors, as   a result of a Ken Olsen design change.   (This is what caused my boss to refer to KO as the "Chief connector architect" -- not something you want to see in someone who's supposed to be the CEO of a large company.)

	paul