[HECnet] Worth getting a "VMS" keyboard?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Sep 17 17:01:32 PDT 2013

<Paul_Koning at Dell.com> writes:

That's not the scenario I'm talking about.   No oddball scan codes; I could =
perfectly easily define a keyboard lookup table for the keyboard in questio=
n without having to go to any unnatural acts.

The trouble is that I could never get that far.   The OS would see the keybo=
ard, ask me to press a shift key so it would know where that lives, and the=
n it would get no further.

Some of the people connected to this were Apple folks, and it was clear to =
them that this was seen as a bug -- but the people who need to fix it never=
got around to doing anything about it in spite of offers of help.

Why should they?   They sell their own Apple branded keyboards! ;)

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG