[HECnet] Worth getting a "VMS" keyboard?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Sep 17 17:00:03 PDT 2013

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

If you're looking for the alternate keypad between the QWERTY and the
numberic (arrows, [HELP], [Do], etc.) then, you'll want the LK-style=20=

keyboard.   If you use Linux on your x86 box -- and you should ;) --
a few Xmodmap entries and or Xresources entries will give you pretty
much full use of the LK-sytle keyboard.   On the Mac, it's been quite
a while since I've plugged an LK-style keyboard into one -- I recall
that it worked pretty much out-of-the-box.

I think Terminal.app lets me remap arbitrary key-presses to any escape =
sequence I want, I assume I could use this to enable the Do/arrow keys =
etc?

Yes and it's unix down below, so you can use Xmodmap and Xresources too.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG