[HECnet] Worth getting a "VMS" keyboard?

Tue Sep 17 16:52:29 PDT 2013

That's not the scenario I'm talking about.   No oddball scan codes; I could perfectly easily define a keyboard lookup table for the keyboard in question without having to go to any unnatural acts.

The trouble is that I could never get that far.   The OS would see the keyboard, ask me to press a shift key so it would know where that lives, and then it would get no further.

Some of the people connected to this were Apple folks, and it was clear to them that this was seen as a bug -- but the people who need to fix it never got around to doing anything about it in spite of offers of help.

	paul