[HECnet] Worth getting a "VMS" keyboard?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Sep 17 16:39:21 PDT 2013

<Paul_Koning at Dell.com> writes:

Don't be surprised if it doesn't work right.

I have a USB keyboard that was built with an industry standard USB keyboard=
controller chip.   It works fine in Linux, but if you plug it into a Mac, t=
he keyboard handler goes into an infinite loop.   That bug was discovered se=
veral years ago and remains unfixed.

I don't know that that is a bug.   Apple keyboards expect to be initialized
with and for specific scan codes.   They built their keyboards and drivers
based on this expectation.   There's issues with the LK-style USB keyboard
and that gaming-console purported to be an operating system from a schlock
outfit in Redmond WA too.   There are keyboard scan codes that just will not
be recognized by that gaming-console purported to be an operating system.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG