[HECnet] Slightly OT - USB serial controllers that work in Linux?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 10 19:01:53 PDT 2013

On 09/10/2013 06:49 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
So I'm toying with the idea of putting a Raspberry Pi + LCD screen + =
keyboard into an old Intertec (?) SuperBrain case, for use as a beefed =
up terminal (basically have it boot Linux, run SIMH and load VMS or =
something).

Any of you guys got a recommendation as to what USB-serial adapter works =
best in Linux?

I have a KeySpan 19HS which works quite well with Linux.   I also have an
EdgePort/416 which works with both Linux and OpenVMS!

EdgePort/416 => http://tinyurl.com/nqa78we

  Those EdgePort boxes also work on Sun Ray thin clients, showing up as
serial devices on the host system.   Very nice.