[HECnet] multinet vs ucx

Daniel Soderstrom snaggs at mac.com
Sun Sep 1 01:04:20 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Im having some issues configuring my VAX 4000/90. Im lucky that the machines I got didnt get wiped and came with vms 6.2 installed and licenced, as well as a multinet and the net-app-sup-250 set.

When I type in commands like finger, it says;

MULTINET:FINGER
Image file MULTINET:[SYSEXE]FINGER.EXE;
Error in device name or inappropriate device type for operation

Likewise if I type MULTINET CHECK

I cant even get IP up yet. I noticed that many of the user ID's were on DKA200, so i may be missing a disk. Any ideas of where to start?

If I play with ucx will i break multinet if its been installed?

Regards,

Daniel.
Perth, Australia

Sent from my iPad