[HECnet] Looking for systems to test against...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Apr 23 19:13:00 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-23 20:00, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 23/04/2014, a les 11.16, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> va   :

I've been fixing some DECnet code in RSX, and I'm now looking for systems to check against.
What I'm testing is NFT/DAP access, and systems I'd like to test against is Ultrix-32, OSF-1, TOPS-20, RT-11, RSTS/E. Essentially anything not VMS or RSX. :-)
Do anyone have any such systems online on HECnet at the moment, which I can have file access to?

BITXT0: TOPS-20, USER=GUEST, PASSWORD=GUEST
BITXOT: RSTS/E, ACCOUNT=201,2, PASSWORD=GUESTGUEST

> Additionally:
>
> BITXT1: TOPS-10, USER=GUEST, PASSWORD=GUEST

Cool. Thanks.
TOPS-20 FAL looks semi-sane, and I can talk with it.
Tops-10 FAL looks really weird, but at least some kind of communication is possible.
RSTS/E FAL is not agreeing with RSX, it would seem. :-(

I can put up a Ultrix-32 system if there is no other one available.

We'll see who manages first.

By the way, I didn't know there was DECNET for RT-11...

There apparently was, but it seems few ever have seen it. (Guess it falls under the same category as DECnet/8. It apparently did exist at one point, but noone seems to actually have run it. Well, I actually have DECNET-8 sources, but it's only DECnet phase II, and in addition it requires RTS-8.)