[HECnet] Which is THE dec printer?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jan 15 16:15:38 PST 2014

On 2014-01-15 15:17, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> writes:

So, out of interest, what was the last/most reliable/most desirable DEC
true line printer - i.e. chain/band rather than matrix?

My first year at college ~ 1990 included VAX/Pascal programming with
assignments printed to a true line printer.
Happy times in that lovely warm computer room on cold, dark winter days...

IMHO, the LXY21!

Never used that one, but my experience with the LP26 and LP27 are good. I never had any problems with them. Never had problems with the LP14 either, as far as I can remember, but it was a beast.