[HECnet] Decent OS X terminal that'll let me keys?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jan 5 11:09:09 PST 2014

On 2014-01-05 19:46, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Does this resize the terminal window when you resize the window on OS X?

Not sure I understand the question.

	Johnny

Ok, so I open up an SSH connection to CHIMPY.

1. Resize the window
2. SET TERM/INQ
3. Run EDIT

Terminal.app the new dimensions are used, xterm is still 80x25..

I'm sure there a really intuitive .Xresource somewhere that I need to set to enable this, but as I haven't been using xterm for 20 years like you mentioned before, I find this rather irritating (also, how DOES pasting stuff into xterm work anyway)?

Uh.. No... Since SET TERM/INQ do not tell the size of the window. And a VT100 cannot report such things that way, of course xterm can't either.

What you actually see/get in this case is that the resizing itself can be passed over the link between xterm and the ssh server. And yes, xterm can and will report the size change (assuming the conditions are correct).
If you want more details on how this works, and how things needs to be set up (assuming you are still interested in using xterm) send me a mail, and we can go through details outside the list. This is getting rather off-topic for HECnet. :-)