[HECnet] Quick cluster question

David Lennon Dave at TheLennons.Net
Thu Jun 12 23:59:06 PDT 2014

Cory,

	If you want to share the SYSUAF.DAT (and you technically don't have to in a VMS cluster, but it gets a bit hairy with multiple ones), you would put it on a common disk directly mounted by all nodes and pointed to by the SYSUAF system logical name, oh and usually a bunch of other files are included with this, There is a template command procedure in SYS$STARTUP that describes them, I believe SYLOGICALS.
	A quorum disk is only needed to provide a vote, and usually only used in a two node cluster.
	Recent VMS versions do have external authentication capabilities but you still have a SYSUAF.DAT as a backup...

- Dave