[HECnet] SIMH on Raspberry Pi

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Tue Jun 3 20:38:30 PDT 2014

Hi all,

For those of you who are running SIMH on Raspberry Pi, how are you getting around the fact that lots of writes on your SD card will eventually trash it?   I am considering moving my VAX instance to my Raspi, but didn't want to eat an SD card ... ;)

Is it as simple as perhaps mounting the VAX .dsk via NFS and letting SIMH use that, instead of the card?

Thanks,

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.