[HECnet] Cisco Tunnel Update

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Wed Jun 4 02:05:18 PDT 2014

My tunnels to you have been administratively shutdown as they have never
been up before.

Why are there tunnels that are shutdown?

(I can't grasp the concept, it's either up and working, or not at all?)

shutdown".   Here is the configuration in my router for the tunnels to you:

tunnel source FastEthernet0/0

You can put an IP address here, the same way as destination, and I
could check if I had teh corresponding tunnel.

tunnel path-mtu-discovery

This does *NOT* work on the boxes I have, they are to small to run the
newer SW. (This is a no_op anyway, as there is no fragmentation code,
if the path_mtu is smaller than 576+gre+ip, packet is lost...)

--P