[HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 30 22:34:50 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-30 21:14, Bob Armstrong wrote:
  Doesn't MicroEMACS run under VMS?

    Dunno - I have never used that version.   I use JOVE on a PDP-11
(under
2.11bsd), but that's never been ported to VMS AFAIK.

    I have emacs 18.51 running just fine on VAX VMS; I didn't think Alpha
would be that hard!   Hmm - maybe I should try to find the sources for
that
version.

I have a version of MicroEMACS running under RSX. :-)

It must be pretty micro.   Might be nano or pico at that point. ;)

Well, MicroEMACS V1. Works just fine. Biggest problem is that it requires all the file to be in memory when editing, so I can't edit files much more than 1000 lines under RSX. That limitation wouldn't really be a limitation under VMS... :-)

MIM::DU:[EMACS]

not sure if all the bits for VMS is there, or in functioning order...