[HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

Erik Olofsen e.olofsen at xs4all.nl
Fri May 30 08:00:49 PDT 2014

Hi Bob,

In case an old version (19.28) is ok you can try the following.
I recently copied that version which compiles under 6.1 to a machine
with 8.4 and it works. As usual, if X is not available you get the
terminal version. At RULLFS:: you may find EMACS.ZIP and GNU_STARTUP.COM.
I zipped the contents of SYS$SYSDEVICE:[GNU].

In LOGIN.COM:

@SYS$COMMON:[SYS$STARTUP]GNU_STARTUP EMACS-19.28 NOLOGICALS,NOVERBOSE

which gives you

EMACS == "@SYS$SYSDEVICE:[GNU.LIB.EMACS.VMS]KEPTEDITOR EMACS"

In case something is missing, the V6.1 machine still boots :)

Erik