[HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 30 19:36:03 PDT 2014

   Nobody has emacs running on an Alpha on HECnet??

   I   ve been trying for a day now to build the emacs21_2 that   s on the FREEWARE v8 CD.   It   s a joke     I don   t think it ever worked on VMS.   The MMS files don   t work with MMS anymore     you must use MMK.   There   s some elisp file called p4 missing     don   t know what that   s for.   The termcap doesn   t contain ANY vtxxx terminals (talk about a major bummer!).   The image is linked with /TRACEBACK and therefore can   t be installed privileged (which is exactly what their setup script does).

   I persevered and fixed all those, but now emacs crashes with an ACCVIO whenever I try to read a file.   That   s gonna limit its usefulness as a text editor J

   I really don   t want to debug this thing.     Please!

Thanks,
Bob

From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Bob Armstrong   Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:20 PM   To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE   Subject: [HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

   Does anybody have a ready to run copy of emacs for the Alpha and OVMS 8.3 that I could copy?   Building it can be a struggle that I   d rather skip right now.

   FWIW, I need the plain old fashioned terminal, NOT DECwindows, version.

Thanks,
Bob