[HECnet] SIMH on OSX (IDLE)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun May 25 14:49:26 PDT 2014

On Sun, 25 May 2014, Brian Hechinger wrote:

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 09:44:01AM -0400, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Sun, 25 May 2014, Brian Hechinger wrote:

Have fun!

Briefly, after which point I'll likely go back to vi and multiple
terminal windows like usual. :)

Understandable.   It's a lot simpler than IDLE.

Looks like RSX does infact idle correctly.   It was just user error.

Good to know!

Fun fact: the RSX-11M+ 4.6 baseline up on ftp.trailing-edge is not
infact a /pure/ baseline. ;)

Define not a pure baseline? What needs to be known?

Well, it won't boot on an 11/23 or 11/23+. It also won't initially offer to do AUTOCONFIGURE.   It seems an inbetween baseline executive was made before distribution.

Get a real -11, too! ;)

Now that I have space, I should. :)

Enough for an 11/70? ;)

Yes actually. :)

Cool!   You've got three-phase service right? :D

A quick search of PDP-11 on craigslist in atlanta doesn't return
anything. Guess I'll have to dig a bit deeper. :)

Perhaps!

-brian

--
Cory Smelosky