[HECnet] "Dropped by adjacent node" ....

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 30 02:38:12 PDT 2014

Would it be possible to change the metric on SG1 on TCP-0-2 to for example
10?
Actually, what hapen if we set all multinet UDP links to 20 and TCP links
to 10

  10 and 20 are way too high.   The problem is that the default cost for QNA
and UNA circuits is 3 (or 4 - I don't remember).   Everybody connected to
Johnny's bridge therefore sees a cost of 3 to everybody else on the bridge,
even though that connection actually requires a hop over to Sweden (psilo)
and back again.   Any two machines with Johnny's bridge would never use the
Multinet connection, even if it were a direct link between the two.

Bob