QBUS sound [Was: Re: [HECnet] Parallel computing using DECnet]

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue May 20 16:52:04 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 17:39, Jean-Yves Bernier wrote:
At 8:05 AM +0200 2/5/14, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:

I've yet to see a PDP-11 with builtin color graphics _and_ sound.

This one has both:
http://www2.pescadoo.net/pdp/syter/grm2082.jpg

The machine is a SMS 1000 OEM 11/73.

Here is the mixer screen:
http://www2.pescadoo.net/pdp/syter/INSTR2.GRA.png

and the edit screen:
http://www2.pescadoo.net/pdp/syter/INSTR5.GRA.png

512x512x8 frame buffer manufactured by Arinfo, France.

Serial BitPad.

Custom 4AD/8DA through DRV11.

Discontinued.

Of course... :-(

Anyway, I just realized/remembered that I'm not sure if the PRO was ever mentioned in the context of PDP-11 with graphics and sound.
The PRO obviously always have grahpics. But there was also a sound option to it, which could interface with telephone systems. Not sure exactly how capable it was, but I have some blurb in a handbook somewhere.