QBUS sound [Was: Re: [HECnet] Parallel computing using DECnet]

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri May 2 21:14:00 PDT 2014

On 05/02/2014 03:28 AM, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
I'm told there were, probably third party, sound cards
for qbus. Has anyone of you seen one or know more?

  I haven't.   I have a really neat Qbus card with a TMS9918 sprite-based
video chip on it, though!

Which one is that? I have a Matrox card and one of the
VSV cards (can't remember which one)

  I don't know who made it; I will check.

  It's an amazingly simple board.   The TMS9918 is very easy to use to
begin with...All this board appears to be is the standard TMS9918 app
note circuit with some glue logic to connect it to Qbus.   It should be
trivial to bring up and get graphics out of if I can find out where its
CSR sits.