[HECnet] XXDP 2.5 on 11/23+

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 30 00:51:09 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-30 01:42, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

I can't define remote nodes under RSX though. Which means copying
doesn't work.

Huh? What do you mean by can't define?

I can't SET NODE <number> NAME <name>.   It gives some sort of
syntax/invalid definition error. I tried various variations and followed
the HELP exactly.

It should work. Do you know if the name service is running?
There should be a task called NT.NNS running on the system. If that is
not running, then I suspect you might have problems with nodenames.

Yeah.   That's not running.   Not enough memory.   Now that I know what
it's called I might be able to manually INSert it, though.

It should already be INStalled. That don't really take any memory. It's normally the running of tasks that takes memory.
The nodename server is managed by a program called SCP. To start it, you do "SCP START".