[HECnet] XXDP 2.5 on 11/23+

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 30 00:49:41 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-29 20:03, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 29/05/2014, a les 19.59, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> va escriure:

El 29/05/2014, a les 19.56, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> va escriure:

Can you give an example? I assume you are using CFE to do the definitions.

I was using NCP.   I had no idea how to define a node any other way due to the fact I have very minimal RAM.

With NCP you just can add nodes to the volatile database (SET NODE xxx). You need to use a program named CFERES which lives in [5,54] to do permanent definitions. IIRC you must SET /UIC=[5,54], then RUN CFERES and answer CETAB.MAC to the filename prompt. Then you will get a CFE> prompt and from then you can add your node definitions. (DEFINE NODE xxx). To activate the changes you must reboot RSX (Or perhaps stopping and starting the network is enough, but I'm not sure).

Oh, IIRC you can use SET NODE xxxx in CFE, but it acts as a DEFINE NODE anyway.

Right, NCP is only for the volatile database. CFE is for the permanent one.
CFE or CFERES or CFEFSL. Either does the job, they have just been task built in different ways...

You do not have to set your UIC in order to run it, but you probably needs to be under a system UIC, as well as having privileges.

When adding node names you do not need to reboot, or even restart the network. Nodename changes take effect immediately.
Other type of changes might require either a network restart or a reboot, depending on what you are changing.