[HECnet] RSX-11 booted!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu May 22 13:34:31 PDT 2014

On Thu, 22 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Yup!

Nice.

Yeah.

Did you know that those memory boards work just fine as normal Qbus
memory boards? :-)
THAT I did not know!   Looks like I have a spare.

Indeed. Those memories are funny. If you put them in an 11/83, they either act as Qbus memory or PMI memory, depending on if you place them before or after the CPU. And that makes a speed difference...

Cool.

Of course, for all other type of systems, you'll have to place them after the CPU.

Yeah. ;)

There's that 16K board...I could adjust the memory offsets.
Ugh! 16K is not much...
Nope...but MAYBE just enough to fit the lower bits of the executive?

Maybe. But I think that PMI memory is a better option. :-)

Yup. ;)

M8637.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff