[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Wed May 21 02:32:21 PDT 2014

From: Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net>

If the MicroPDP-11/73 front panel included an LTC I would be set to get
RSX-11M+ up with 1M of RAM TONIGHT.   I don't have a dedicated clock
device. :(

Easily hacked up:

	http://www.dbit.com/pub/pic/kw11l.asm

I used this (on a small piece of perfboard dangling from wires wrapped
directly into the backplane and wrapped in paper) to get RSX11M+ running
on a dual-height 11/73 with a 2 MB RAM card and a CQD-220 (with a Fuji
DynaMO), all on a four-slot dual-height backplane (in a BA11-VA) which
had the wires added for Q22.   An 8-pin PIC is fine (with code updated as
needed) but 16F84s were what I had on hand (along with a homemade burner).

John Wilson
D Bit